Date: 14 - 16 October, 2019
ABOUT NIALS - The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) was established in March 1979, as Nigeria’s apex institution for research and advanced studies in law. The Institute is also accredited to offer Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers. In fulfilment of its mandate, it organises national and international seminars, symposia, conferences, workshops and lectures on any branch of law and related subjects.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP - In today’s digital age where every legal practitioner must develop an optimal writing and research skill significant to address different legal demands faced by litigation, corporate, or academic lawyers working in various organizations. The Legal Writing Skill Workshop offers participants a broad understanding of a range of issues significant to improve legal writing and research skill in the ever changing legal world.
The aim of the Workshop is to expose legal practitioners to current trends in the legal writing and research. Particularly, the Workshop aims to:
- Provide understanding on important considerations when drafting a boiler plate clauses in contractual documents
- Examine the analytic principles in writing legal arguments
- Provide strategic perspectives on the advanced techniques in writing appellate briefs
- Examine practices necessary for developing advanced legal research skills significant for the digital age.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS - Target participants of the Workshop include all Legal Practitioners in the public and private sectors especially Lawyers in Ministries of Justices, Government Agencies, Parastatals, Institutions, Corporations, Banks, Private Organisations and Private Practice
TOPICS TO BE TREATED -The topics designed for the Workshop include: Writing Legal Opinions, Case Synthesis, Legal Writing and I.T, Principles of Clear Writing, Advanced Techniques in Writing Appellate Briefs, Boiler Plate Clauses in Contractual Documents, Practice Tips for Drafting Legal Processes, Research Skill And Outlets among others.
COURSE SCHEDULE - The Course is scheduled to hold as follows:
- Venue: Ayo Ajomo Auditorium, NIALS Complex, University of Lagos, Akoka - Lagos
- Date: 14 - 16 October, 2019
- Time: 9.00 am daily (Registration will commence at 8:30am on 14th October, 2019).
WORKSHOP FEE - The Course Fee is N120, 000 (one hundred and twenty thousand naira only). The fee is inclusive of VAT and WHT and covers course materials, tea and lunch only. For information on how to make payment, kindly visit http://nials.edu.ng/index.php/courses/remita-payment-guide .
REGISTRATION - Pre-registration of this Course is necessary. To register please fill the registration form below.