Date: 28 - 30 October, 2019
ABOUT NIALS - The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) was established in March 1979, as Nigeria’s apex institution for research and advanced studies in law. The Institute is also accredited to offer Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers. In fulfilment of its mandate, it organises national and international seminars, symposia, conferences, workshops and lectures on any branch of law and related subjects.
ABOUT THE COURSE- The NIALS’ Advanced Course in Practice and Procedure is one of the Institute’s oldest and successful courses. It was introduced 38 years ago to shore up participants’ knowledge and skill in the Nigerian legal system. The Course has over the years provided continuing legal education to private legal practitioners, judges, state counsel, corporate lawyers, academics, legal advisers and law officers in government agencies. The Course is a 3 day intensive programme that seeks to ensure justice delivery in our courts by equipping legal practitioners in both Private Practice and Government employment on the rules of practice and procedure.
The aim of the Course is for participants to:
- understand the application of the rules of evidence in court;
- familiarize themselves with the legal framework and procedure for election petitions.;
- gain confidence in conducting cross-examination of witnesses in criminal trials and learn;
- perfect the art of brief writing;
- get equipped for basic ethics requirements of the legal profession both in and outside of the court;
- understand the concept of alternative dispute resolution;
- get acquainted with practice and procedure in the appellate courts;
- learn about procedures to ensure court admissibility of digital evidence,
- improve competence in the enforcement of human rights enforcement.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS -Private Legal Practitioners, Judges, Magistrates, Corporate Lawyers, Legal Advisers, Law Officers in State and Federal Agencies.
TOPICS TO BE TREATED
Presenting Evidence : Principle and Practice ,Human Interest Litigation and Human Rights Enforcement Procedure, Election Petitions: Practice and Procedure , Professional Responsibility and Ethics, Lagos Multidoor Court House: Practice and Procedure ,Civil and Criminal Case Management with emphasis on Frontloading in Civil Cases , Digital Forensics and Legal Practice; Pleadings, Principles and Techniques in Civil and Criminal Trials , Civil and Criminal Appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
COURSE SCHEDULE - The Course is scheduled to hold as follows:
- Venue: Abuja
- Date: 28 -30 October, 2019
- Time: 9.00 am daily (Registration will commence at 8:30am on 28 October, 2019).
COURSE FEE - The Course Fee is N120, 000 (one hundred and twenty thousand naira only). The fee is inclusive of VAT and WHT and covers course materials, tea and lunch only. For information on how to make payment, kindly visit http://nials.edu.ng/index.php/courses/remita-payment-guide .
REGISTRATION - Pre-registration of this Course is necessary. To register please fill the registration form below.